Vacancy - Junior Support Consultant
(also known as junior Trouble Shooter / professional puzzler)
At Swap Support you will work for the top of the Dutch business world, where you will be in direct contact with Group Controllers and Finance specialists. A unique opportunity to take a look at different companies and expand your network. Involvement in our national and international clients makes all the difference. From our locations in The Hague, Groningen and Santander (Spain) we know our clients well. With us, organizations are not just numbers, but real people with real questions.
As a junior Support Consultant you will find the right answers to these questions together with senior colleagues. The emphasis is on functional issues. No in-depth software knowledge yet? No worries. Our experienced consultants will guide you, so that you can quickly build up knowledge of the software and all its components.
What does your day as a junior support consultant look like?
A junior support consultant is a real puzzler with us and no two days are ever the same. You will act as a source of information and an advisor in the field of Performance Management applications for our clients. For example, you get questions like: “I can’t log on to SAP BPC” or “The data I’m requesting isn’t correct”. A slightly more complex question could be, for example, that you have to find out why a number in a certain balance sheet is in a certain place. This sometimes requires a lot of puzzling.
In addition, you are working on:
- Adjusting schedules and reports and making sure that the adjustments go live without problems, usually using the OTAP principle;
- Do the correct preparations so that the customer can start his month end on time;
- Helping customers by analyzing and solving functional issues, such as “We are in the middle of our closure and now the report gives incorrect output, what is going on?”
- Giving advice to our customers on performance issues, such as “Why does my consolidation suddenly take twice as long?”
What do you bring with you?
- You have a higher professional education (Bachelor’s degree), for example in IT, Finance or Business IT & Management;
- Knowledge or experience in financial or accounting software is an advantage, but not a must. Of course affinity with IT and Finance is;
- You have knowledge and experience in the field of Excel;
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft SQL server or other database programs and experience with programming or setting up applications is an advantage;
- You are eager to learn and want to develop yourself;
- You think along with our clients and are able to manage expectations;
- You are a good listener and clear communicator;
- You like to visit the customer regularly;
- You are preferably available full time, 32 hours is negotiable;
- You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch and English. Spanish is an advantage.
In addition, (part of) the following knowledge is an advantage:
- Financial reporting systems, such as SAP BPC, SAP BW, Tagetik;
- ITIL, ASL, BISL.
Your life as a Swapper
In many traditional organizations you have little freedom to implement your ideas, even though they could add a lot of value. With us you get not only the freedom to be who you are, but also the freedom to grow. It’s up to you.
About Swap Support
We believe that specialists should do what specialists are good at. For us, that is the interface between IT and Finance. To achieve this, we combine in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of infrastructure, platform and application software with our expertise in financial processes. In this way we ensure the quality and continuity of Performance Management applications.
As a knowledge organisation within the finance world, we as Swappers are responsible for the stability and reliability of our clients’ EPM systems. Everyone does this from their own area of expertise. We have little hierarchy and an open, informal atmosphere of entrepreneurship and personal responsibility.