Consultant at Swap Support
At Swap Support you work for the top 500 companies of the Dutch market, where you will be in direct contact with Group Controllers and Finance specialists. A unique opportunity to have a closer look at different companies and expand your network. Involvement in our national and international clients makes all the difference. From our locations in The Hague, Groningen and Santander (Spain) we know our clients well. With us, organizations are not just numbers, but real people with real questions. As a senior colleague, you and your colleagues will find the right answers to these questions.
What does your day as a Support Consultant look like?
A support consultant is a real puzzler. At Swap Support each day brings new challenges. You act as a source of information and an advisor in the field of Performance Management applications for our clients. For example, you receive questions such as:
– There are errors in our equity pick-up, can you find out for us what causes the error and correct it?
– After running the consolidation, we see differences that we cannot explain. Can you help us find out where they came from?
– Can you convert the EVDR schedule for us to an EPM version?
Furthermore you will work on:
– Adjusting complex schedules and reports and making sure that the adjustments go live without problems;
– Transferring knowledge to our juniors to allow them to grow as well;
– Advising clients about the consequences and impact of changes they want to make in the entity design;
– Assisting customers with, for example, the upgrade of their EPM software to a new version;
– Helping customers by analyzing and solving functional issues, such as “We are in the middle of closing and now the report gives incorrect output, what is going on?” or giving advice to our customers on performance issues, such as “Why is my consolidation suddenly taking twice as long?”.
What are you bringing?
– You have a higher professional education (Bachelor’s degree), for example in IT, Finance or Business IT & Management;
– Knowledge or experience in financial or accounting software or experience with financial reporting systems, such as SAP BPC, SAP BW, Tagetik, Onestream or Anaplan;
– You have knowledge of consolidation processes;
– You have extensive knowledge and experience of Excel;
– Knowledge of Microsoft SQL server or other database programs and experience with programming or setting up applications;
– You are eager to learn and want to develop yourself;
– You think along with our clients and are able to manage expectations;
– You are a good listener and clear communicator;
– You also like to visit the client regularly;
– You are preferably available full time, 32 hours is negotiable;
– You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch and English. Spanish is an advantage.
Your life as a Swapper
In many traditional organizations you have little freedom to implement your ideas. Even though they add a lot of value. With us you get not only the freedom to be who you are, but also the freedom to grow. It’s up to you.
About Swap Support
We believe that specialists should do what specialists are good at. For us, that is the interface between IT and Finance. To achieve this, we combine in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of infrastructure, platform and application software with our expertise in financial processes. In this way we ensure the quality and continuity of Performance Management applications.
As a knowledge organisation within the finance world, we as Swappers are responsible for the stability and reliability of our clients’ EPM systems. Everyone does this from their own area of expertise. We have little hierarchy and an open, informal atmosphere of entrepreneurship and personal responsibility.
Do you want to contribute to the growth of Swap Support? Send your CV or your LinkedIn profile to Maartje Waller via email@example.com or call +31 6 24 58 12 63.